We’re able to help in all aspects of managing our client’s portfolios, from brand development and marketing, right through to our use of cutting edge data and reporting. We manage a range of stock across all tenures, from long-term, income-led investors to brand new build to rent developments.
- Providing expert advice on locations and rents.
- Helping to ‘place’ the property in the desired sector of the local market.
- Advising on rent enhancements and likely operating leakage.
- Set-up and operate bank accounts for rents and deposits in accordance with RICS guidelines.
- Operate and maintain a robust accounting system to record all rental income and expenditure.
- Agreeing a structure for data records, cost headings and an appropriate system of referencing.
- Managing the handover of units from the developer or previous manager, ensuring all warranties, utilities or other landlord supplies are transferred
- Developing operating budgets and contracted services.
- Implement and deliver a proactive maintenance plan, including cyclical repairs and refurbishment, regular contracts and lifecycle
- Complete all repairs through warranties or an appropriate contractor base.
- Ensure total compliance with all legislation and best practice in terms.
- Manage, assist and be the first point of contact for customers.
- Deal with all items relating to tenancy agreements, reports of maintenance issues and other ad hoc items.
- Collect rents and take appropriate measures to manage payment by customers.
- Monitor and review rental levels to deliver the right balance of occupancy, rental growth and customer quality.
Marketing and lettings
- Propose and implement the right marketing plan.
- Proactively market the property, exploring all possible local channels to raising property and brand awareness.
- Manage the move-in to the highest level of customer service and to set the tone for the customer’s future experience.
- Ensure a fast turn-around on all voids, reviewing rent level and opportunities to enhance on each occasion.
Health and safety compliance
- Ensure all certification is complete.
- Meet best practice at all times in maintaining safe and habitable homes.
- Satisfy all requirements for risk assessments and implement an appropriate regime to inspect and service all safety systems present.
- Arrange for all statutory or local authority imposed registration, licensing or other landlord requirements to be met.
Insurance and valuations
- Liaise with your insurers as required for revaluation purposes.
- Assist in the processing of any potential claims and undertake related works where required.
- Assist your valuers in reasonable requests for information and property access.
Database and reporting
- Set up and maintain a comprehensive database to manage all property, unit and customer information, diary events and the storage of data.
- Provide regular reports in a format agreed with the client including:- Full schedule of all units with status and tenancy details.
- Income and expenditure by property.
- Rents received and actions taken for non-payment.
- Rent reviews applied for the period.
- Cash transfers to the Hub Member.
Disposals and transfers
- Agree with the client on the information which is to be provided to its agents/valuers and the format.
- Upload documents to a specific data room or web-storage facility and assist in the updating of all information provided and inform all.
- Where required, accompany viewings.
- Provide the Client’s solicitors with responses to queries and requests for information within the agreed parameters, subject to data protection.